Rearrange Move Sidecar or Slideshow in Story Map

Jump to solution
02-19-2020 11:33 AM
BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

I feel dumb but I cannot find how to move the entire SideCar or Slideshow in the new Storymap format?  Other elements you can click on the box of dots and relocate.   I want to take the Sidecar I made and move it to the bottom of the page

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! The ability to drag and drop immersive block to relocate them was added in June 2020. 

What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (June 2020) (esri.com)

Release notes—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brad, just for clarification, are you trying to move the sidecar text area to the bottom of the screen so that there would be a map or image on top and the sidecar below it?  If so I don't believe that's possible to do.  I think you can only move it from left to right and vice versa.

0 Kudos
BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

Thanks for replying. I am trying to move the whole thing to a different place on the entire page.

0 Kudos
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, as far as I know, the only way to move the sidecar is by clicking the arrows in the middle of the sidecar, along where the sidecar meets your media.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Brad -- Unfortunately, there isn't a way to move entire immersive sections at this time (but we are working on that for an upcoming release!). For now, you'll need to copy/paste text or re-add media if you need to move it to the other side of an immersive.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
Michaell
New Contributor

Hi, has this been addressed yet?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! The ability to drag and drop immersive block to relocate them was added in June 2020. 

What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (June 2020) (esri.com)

Release notes—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation

Owen Evans
0 Kudos