Question About StoryMap: Why Won't My Maps Show Up?

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 07:08 AM
Labels (1)
NatT
by
New Contributor

Hello. I am working on a StoryMap for a project at school about climate change, and I am having some problems putting maps on my StoryMap. Sometimes, certain maps show up on my StoryMap, but sometimes when I go and work on it again, they just show up as a dark, blank rectangle where the map should be. Sometimes this only happens with specific maps, while sometimes this happens with almost all my maps. It usually happens with some maps that I made using a csv excel sheet:

NatT_1-1649857992548.png

But it it also happens with maps that have data layers I found on Living Atlas or ArcGIS Online.

This is a really big problem for me because now I can't insert maps, make map actions, or just see how my StoryMap is looking. When a map doesn't show up and I try to delete it and insert it again, this happens:

NatT_2-1649858147212.png

I can't see the map and the "Place Map" button won't work.

I tried publishing some maps that I want to put on my StoryMap and then tried inserting them again, but that still didn't work. Does anyone have any advice for me? I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NatT - I'm sorry you are having this issue creating a story. This sounds like a network or local machine configuration issue. I'm not able to reproduce this and we are not showing any system outages at this time.

You can try clearing your browser cache, using a private/incognito browser window, disconnecting from any VPN or network filters you might be using, or trying a different wifi network.

If those general troubleshooting steps don't work, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can help you figure out what might be going on in your case.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NatT - I'm sorry you are having this issue creating a story. This sounds like a network or local machine configuration issue. I'm not able to reproduce this and we are not showing any system outages at this time.

You can try clearing your browser cache, using a private/incognito browser window, disconnecting from any VPN or network filters you might be using, or trying a different wifi network.

If those general troubleshooting steps don't work, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can help you figure out what might be going on in your case.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps