Pop-up not "popping" up in different size maps/ computer screens in Story Map Beta

Jump to solution
08-20-2019 02:03 PM
MatthewKatz
New Contributor

I have maps within apps that are embedded into a Storymap beta, but my pop-ups are not popping up correctly. After trial and error, I believe this is because of the map size setting within the story map and/or the size of the screen I am using. When I use a small screen (15 inch laptop) or a small map setting, pop-ups do not pop up.When I refer to the map size setting, I am referring to the option of making the map different sizes after I embed it into the story map.

When I use my large monitor, the pop-ups only pop up when I use the large size map setting, like this: When I use a smaller map setting (on my large monitor), the pop-up does not pop up, but only gives me the option to click on an arrow:The arrow brings me to this pop up window:

When I use my laptop screen, even if I use the large (or small) map setting size (on story maps), the pop-up does not pop up, but only gives me the option to click on the arrow.

Is there a way to fix this? I am making a product for general public users, who will most likely be using it with laptops, and not large monitors. I would like them to see the pop-up automatically, without have to click the arrow, which defeats the purpose of a pop-up.

Thanks you Esri community! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Matthew,

This appears to be a known limitation when viewing pop-ups in Web AppBuilder applications with a device that has a display resolution below 1280 x 800. 

Source: Problem: Pop-ups do not fully display when clicking features in a Web AppBuilder application 

The issue carries over to applications that contain embedded WAB applications, such as in your story map. If it is possible, try embedding the web map itself (and not the application) into the story map instead. If this is not a viable solution for you, I recommend opening a case with Technical Support to explore other potential workarounds and attach your case to an enhancement request to bring further attention to this issue.

Esri Support Contact Support 

Best,

Rachel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MatthewKatz
New Contributor

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! 

0 Kudos
RachelSears

Hi Matthew,

What is the resolution of your laptop?

Which browser are you using? Are you experiencing the same issue when using a different browser?

Best,

Rachel

MatthewKatz
New Contributor

Hi Rachel,

I am using a Dell Precision 3520 with a HD 1366x768 resolution. I am using Chrome on windows. I have sent the story map beta to colleagues who have apple mac books, and they have opened it on chrome and safari, and they still get the same popup problem.

0 Kudos
RachelSears

Hi Matthew,

This appears to be a known limitation when viewing pop-ups in Web AppBuilder applications with a device that has a display resolution below 1280 x 800. 

Source: Problem: Pop-ups do not fully display when clicking features in a Web AppBuilder application 

The issue carries over to applications that contain embedded WAB applications, such as in your story map. If it is possible, try embedding the web map itself (and not the application) into the story map instead. If this is not a viable solution for you, I recommend opening a case with Technical Support to explore other potential workarounds and attach your case to an enhancement request to bring further attention to this issue.

Esri Support Contact Support 

Best,

Rachel