Navigation Bar not working in Sidecar StoryMaps

Jump to solution
11-24-2020 07:48 AM
LoriDelacruz_Lewis
New Contributor III

When building a storymap using the sidecar layout and turn on the navigation feature, the navigation bar doesn't work.

I've put in headings, but they don't appear. When I publish, the navigation bar disappears altogether.

When I hover over the bar in Edit mode, the gear doesn't appear, either.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/facf8e097fa240fa8e60368c9b7c20dc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sidecar and credits headings were added to story navigation in December 2020. See What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (December 2020) (esri.com) for details.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LoriDelacruz_Lewis -- Currently, only headings in the main narrative parts of a story are supported in story navigation.

However, we're currently working on an enhancement that will add sidecar headings and the credits section to story navigation. This enhancement should be available next month.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sidecar and credits headings were added to story navigation in December 2020. See What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (December 2020) (esri.com) for details.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

This doesn't seem to work in Portal.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RandyMcGregor3 -- This capability was added in ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9. If you are using 10.9 or later and this isn't working for you, please contact Esri Technical Support.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Owen! We are not yet at 10.9, so that explains it.

Randy

0 Kudos