My crowed sourced survey entries in my Story Map are only visible to me: How can I get these visible to others?-

04-17-2020 11:02 PM
JessicaRutherford
New Contributor III

Hello 

I am trying to crowed sources survey using Survey 123 embedded into my Story Map. When I get other entries (contributor that have completed the survey) to add their location and information, they are not visible on their Story Map screen. THere are only visible when I open my Story Map. 

I would like people to be able to click on other peoples entries and to have all the location visible on the embedded map. This seems possible as I believe I have seen this in our Story Maps.

I have made the survey public, my map public and the story map public...so I do not know what else to do.

Could someone please let direct me to how to do this...that is if this is possible.

thanks

Jess

ArcGIS StoryMapsSurvey123 for ArcGIS‌ @EsriCanada 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Try the following:

1. Login into arcgis.com and look for your survey directory under your content
  2. Create a hosted feature layer view on top of your surveys source feature layer
  3. Set the appropriate permissions in your new hosted feature layer and add that into your story map

Including animation for step 2.

0 Kudos
JessicaRutherford
New Contributor III

Hello Ismael 

Thanks for the information. I am not to clear on your answer 3...

1. Set the appropriate permissions in your new hosted feature layer and add that into your story map

Including animation for step 2.

I am assumming persmissions means...making the new created view layer to set as public under the share tab? for the last pars ...add this new layer to your story map....does this mean I add this layer to my embedded Map or embedded this view layer as my actual survey in the story map? Sorry I am a little confused. 🙂 

Thanks

Jess

0 Kudos
JessicaRutherford
New Contributor III

Hello again Ismael

I have tried what you had suggested above, and when I test it by sending it to someone I still only see the entries when I log into my Esri. Is there something else that I have missed. I am happy to send/share my Story Map and layers to you. I am operating from my organization account and can share if you have an organization account that I could send to. 

Please let me know if there is anything I can do story maps

Thanks

Jess

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica. I am sure we can solve this pretty quickly through a screen-sharing session. Feel free to contact me directly at ichivite@esri.com 

0 Kudos
JessicaRutherford
New Contributor III

Hello Ismael

I apologies for the late reply. I managed to get this sorted. I reached out to the ESRI creator of the crowd sourcing Story Map I was basing mine on, and he assisted me in solving the issue. 

Thanks again for your help.

Jess 

0 Kudos