Mobile Version of StoryMap shows as "No Description" even though application has a description listed

12-10-2019 11:00 AM
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jessica,

When you embed the URL to an ArcGIS application/item, we typically look at 3 things to fill out this information in the card:

1. Title of the application/item,

2. Summary of the application/item and 

3. Thumbnail of the application/item.

Therefore, in this case, I'd verify if the application has a summary filled out and not the description. In our next release, we will be offering the ability to override the information on the card so you can author all the three and save them to your story.

Thanks,

Aravind

JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

Hello Aravind,

Thanks for letting me know. I do have a summary and a thumbnail on this and the base map that it is built from. Please advise as to why this may not be working.

Jessica Cigna

Senior Data Analyst

RI Department of State | Secretary of State Nellie M. Gorbea

Email: jcigna@sos.ri.gov | Website: www.sos.ri.gov | Twitter: @RISecState<https://twitter.com/RISecState>

148 W. River Street, Providence RI 02904 | 401-330-4804

Our Mission: The Rhode Island Department of State engages and empowers all Rhode Islanders by making government more accessible and transparent, encouraging civic pride, enhancing commerce and ensuring that elections are fair, fast and accurate.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jessica,

The information of the app's metadata is not being read in real time by stories. So would it be possible to readd the embed with the app URL into the story and seeing if the card shows the information now?

Aravind

0 Kudos
JessicaCigna
New Contributor III

Thank you very much. That worked!

If I can make a comment – it’s confusing for the message to be displayed as “No Description” if the descriptions pulls from the Summary field (and not Description field).

Jessica Cigna

Senior Data Analyst

RI Department of State | Secretary of State Nellie M. Gorbea

Email: jcigna@sos.ri.gov | Website: www.sos.ri.gov | Twitter: @RISecState<https://twitter.com/RISecState>

148 W. River Street, Providence RI 02904 | 401-330-4804

Our Mission: The Rhode Island Department of State engages and empowers all Rhode Islanders by making government more accessible and transparent, encouraging civic pride, enhancing commerce and ensuring that elections are fair, fast and accurate.

0 Kudos