Map Tour Extents

02-02-2021 09:09 AM
maggiesterlingcreadvisorscom
New Contributor

I am working on a story map using the map tour. I have sites in 5 cities. For 3 of the 5 cities, I have multiple sites and it shows all of the sites within the cities on a map that zoomed in to show all 3 points. For the two cities with one site each, the initial map zooms out to show the entire world. I'd like it zoomed into the city- but I can't get it to "stick". When I click on the site, it zooms into the correct extent. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@maggiesterlingcreadvisorscom -- Sure! For each point, you can set a custom zoom level. Just click Edit location for your first tour point and toggle on custom zoom level (it's in the lower right of the map when editing the tour point location. This sets (and persists) the zoom level for the initial tour view.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 12.17.21 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
maggiesterlingcreadvisorscom
New Contributor

Thank you for your response!

It goes to the proper extent when I click on the site. 

It's the initial map before the site is clicked on that needs to be more zoomed in.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@maggiesterlingcreadvisorscom -- Ah ok, it looks like you are using an explorer tour (I thought you were using a guided tour).

It looks like you only have one place in that tour in the screenshot. When you have more than one place added to a tour it should show the extent of all places when the tour initially loads or when the list/grid view is active. There's currently no way to adjust that initial extent.

Do you still see the issue after adding all five locations to a tour? If so, can you share screenshots or a short video showing what you are seeing?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos