Issues with PNG files since October Updates?

Jump to solution
11-04-2020 01:40 PM
KarolinaJanik
New Contributor II

Since the October StoryMaps updates many of the PNG images uploaded to a story created months ago are no longer displaying. There is no error message and the images are visible when editing the story, but not in the preview or the published story.

This does not appear to impact all PNG images, but I had no prior issues with these images loading or displaying. I now have to re-save and replace all non-displaying PNG images with JPEGs and I'm considering replacing the ones that are still visible to preempt additional problems. However, this seems like a major bug and replacing all of the images is time consuming and labor intensive.

Is anyone else encountering a problem with displaying specific file types or know whether this has been identified as an issue? I should add that all of the PNGs in the story are within sidecar panels (both narrative and media) so it's possible that the issue is limited to impacting sidecar content.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Karolina -- A similar issue was reported here: Story maps no longer displaying PNGs with transparency? 

Please see that thread for updates.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Karolina -- A similar issue was reported here: Story maps no longer displaying PNGs with transparency? 

Please see that thread for updates.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos