Issue with images jumping/skipping while scrolling

11-03-2020 11:31 AM
TSWCD_GIS
New Contributor III

My StoryMap is a split screen with a map on the left and content scrolling on the right. It is published and pretty much ready to distribute, but when I scroll through the published version, the images sometimes jump or skip or stagger instead of the scroll being smooth and continuous. This seems to happen more often when there are two images back to back or a video and image back to back, and potentially when an image is on the larger side (though there are examples that are exceptions to those cases). I tested the StoryMap on three different devices and it does the same thing every time. Is there a reason why this is happening? If so, how do I fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Bethany -- That certainly is not the experience we want your readers to have, and I'm sorry your story is behaving this way.

This is not an issue we see in all stories and your story is not publicly available, I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue. It would be best if you could contact Esri Technical Support and they can help troubleshoot and isolate this specific issue so we can try to address it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos