Is there a way to make a map legend in a Storymap show up by default?

Jump to solution
12-13-2019 11:10 AM
RyanToot
New Contributor

I have a number of maps embedded in a Storymap. Legends are crucial to these maps, and I would like them to show up by default (not requiring any clicking) for the readers. I cannot seem to find a way to do this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The ability to keep the legend open is now available in ArcGIS StoryMaps. See this article for more information: What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (September 2021) (esri.com)

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this question as well. I received a comment from one of my co-workers in regard to the legend being displayed by default (similar to Journal).

Have a way to be able to “pin” the map legend open so it’s possible to do a screen grab of the map with its legend.  I was able to effectively do this using a screen grab with a time-delay, but that’s probably more than we want to ask of all users.

Will this capability be added in a future release?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ryan/Bryan -- Thanks for the feedback about the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. I've added these suggestions to our backlog so we can consider them for a future release.

Owen Evans
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Same question here, can I upvote this please?! 

Humboldt
New Contributor II

OwenGeo. Do you have an ETA on when having legends default to open will be available? I could really use this for my StoryMaps.

NicoleBraun
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, 

Thanks for considering this is the next release. We also have many colleagues requesting the legend to be open by default in their story maps.

Thanks!

Nicole

Kellie_CairnsVlastos
New Contributor

I need the the legend to open by default, too!  I upvote it!

GISCleanteq
New Contributor II

Yes I need this functionality as well as some of the people who use my Storymaps have never used one before and dont know where the legend is. Ideally I would have the legends made visible so I dont have to tell everyone who uses my Storymap where the legend is

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The ability to keep the legend open is now available in ArcGIS StoryMaps. See this article for more information: What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (September 2021) (esri.com)

Owen Evans
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Yay! Thank you @OwenGeo , that’s great.