Is the new ArcGIS StoryMap self-hostable?

Jump to solution
12-03-2019 01:14 PM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I'm thinking the answer to this question is no, but I wanted a solid answer.  I just want to know if you can self-host the new ArcGIS StoryMap (with the Classics, you downloaded the source code and inserted your app ID, so you could give it a custom URL, among other things.)

So far, I have not found a blog, article, question, or source code that gives me this option.  

I tried asking ESRI chat, and they keep giving me links to the self-hosting the classics blogs from 2017, BEFORE ArcGIS StoryMap existed.

Is this an option yet?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

For my county, it is the entire link first and foremost, but I would probably use both options if they were available, so that I could have easily found applications and not so easily found applications

VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

My preference would be to customize the entire link. Both options seem ok, but ideally if we have a customize URL that we want people to use, always having to set-up a redirect seems a waste. So self-hosting an entire link, would make the most sense.

ChrisJones3
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, it might worth taking a look at how unbounce.com host a 'subdomain' of your organisations site to host landing pages. E.g. If I create a landing page with unbounce.com, I can host it on my site by adding the suffix pages.  to my domain. e.g. www.pages.domain.org

You just add a CNAME tag (I think) to the domain, and then the landing pages become customisable, and look like they're being hosted on the organisations sit.

For us, it's so easy to add a redirect to our, that it's only the domain that is the main issue (although both would be nice). 

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

We'd like to customize the entire link so it's easy to remember (we sometimes use bit.ly, but self-hosting is easier as we can swap out what's behind it easily) and looks more legit to the end user (has our own organization URL and doesn't have the messy unique id part).

0 Kudos