How to export Map Tour?

06-16-2021 11:06 AM
povilasid
New Contributor

If I create Story Map with Map Tour in it, how do I export data form map tour?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I believe the data will already by a hosted feature in your content.

0 Kudos
povilasid
New Contributor

When I select the story map form my content section I only see ribon with "Overview", "Usage" and "Settings" options. Non of them have data export or any other options.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

What do you mean by data export? What do you want to achieve?

If it's a Story Map, go in and edit/configure the story and 'Publish' the story.

If it's a Map Tour, then it's a Web Mapping Application which is saved and then either viewed as-is or embedded in a story or other apps. 

0 Kudos
povilasid
New Contributor

I want to have a local backup of  the data I filled into a Story Map's Map tour interface.

It is both insurance from arcgis going down/ability to move my data and use it with different provider as well as being a GDPR compliance requirement.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@povilasid -- If you used ArcGIS StoryMaps to create your map tour story, you can use the Print option (in the ... menu in the header) to export the story as a PDF.

The classic Map Tour template doesn't have a print option, but you can export the data from the feature service as @DavidPike mentioned. Just go to the item page for the feature service (not the story map), and you'll see an Export Data option there.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 5.19.09 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos