How to display Social Media Icons for StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
12-22-2021 11:04 AM
SeanFadum1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am wondering how to turn on the social media icons for a StoryMap that is hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise (10.8.1).  

This article says that it needs to be turned on through the Portal settings, although I can't seem to find this setting.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-storymaps/author-and-share/promote-a-story.htm

"To enable social sharing icons for stories published to Everyone in ArcGIS Enterprise accounts, the portal administrator must select Show social media and sharing icons from Organization settings."

Does anyone have any ideas where I should be looking for this?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SeanFadum1 -- Organization settings are available if you are logged in with an administrator account. They can be found in the profile menu at the top right.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 5.31.57 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SeanFadum1 - That screenshot was from the cloud-hosted version of ArcGIS StoryMaps on arcgis.com, but the Org settings can be found in the same place on an Enterprise portal.

The org settings are available starting at Enterprise 10.9. Here's a screenshot from a 10.9 portal.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.16.06 PM.jpg

Owen Evans

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SeanFadum1 -- Organization settings are available if you are logged in with an administrator account. They can be found in the profile menu at the top right.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 5.31.57 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
SeanFadum1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response @OwenGeo   The screenshot you sent appears to be from the storymaps.arcgis.com site.

I'm looking to enable this for ArcGIS Enterprise (10.8.1).  When I look at the profile menu at the top right I only see this:

SeanFadum1_0-1640213395802.png

This is with an administration account.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SeanFadum1 - That screenshot was from the cloud-hosted version of ArcGIS StoryMaps on arcgis.com, but the Org settings can be found in the same place on an Enterprise portal.

The org settings are available starting at Enterprise 10.9. Here's a screenshot from a 10.9 portal.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 9.16.06 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos