Heading links no longer appearing

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 09:56 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Heading links used to appear when you hovered over a heading or sub-heading (as described in this article): https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-storymaps/constituent-engagement/storymaps-heading-...

but they no longer seem to do so.  Has something changed?  Is there now a different way to obtain the link?

Many thanks,

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HelenCooper

Hi @OwenGeo ,

Argh, I'm so sorry, I've just realised that the story needs to be published in order to pick up the links! Sorted now, but I guess it would be great if it worked in edit mode too!

Best,

Helen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper -- I'm seeing this working as expected in a bunch of stories that I just tested. Can you share a story where you aren't seeing this?

Please note, as mentioned in that blog, slideshows and map tours don't support this feature right now.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Hi @OwenGeo ,

Argh, I'm so sorry, I've just realised that the story needs to be published in order to pick up the links! Sorted now, but I guess it would be great if it worked in edit mode too!

Best,

Helen

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HelenCooper - Ah ok -- glad you worked out what was going on. We haven't added those links to the builder yet just because there are so many other controls and buttons in builder. We are considering it for the future, but as you noted, currently the links are only when viewing the story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
HelenCooper

Understood - I think this same issue has tripped me up before - if you're using the anchors to link from other locations within the same storymap you need to have a published version and an edited version open simultaneously to work.  For forgetful people like me having it available from the text pop-up menu would be fabulous!