Finding my Storymap online

Jump to solution
10-07-2021 07:30 AM
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

I created a storymap for our mountain bike team. I will share the link MORGANjrDEVO with the group but also want to let them know that they can also do an online search. However none of the words that I use bring up the storymap? I have purposely typed some specific verbiage in the Title and Description, I have shared with EVERYONE. But when I try to search online, the storymap does not show in the results. Is there something I am doing wrong? is there a special way to search tags? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ScottJones1 - That explains it. Stories created with free public accounts do not offer registration with search engines. Unfortunately, offering that feature for free accounts led to a lot of spam stories and misuse of the system.

If you're using a free account, you'll have to share your link directly. You could also post it on a Facebook page or website if your group has one of those.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ScottJones1 -- Can you share what type of account you're using?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

Single? hobby license

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ScottJones1 - That explains it. Stories created with free public accounts do not offer registration with search engines. Unfortunately, offering that feature for free accounts led to a lot of spam stories and misuse of the system.

If you're using a free account, you'll have to share your link directly. You could also post it on a Facebook page or website if your group has one of those.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Owen, that is not a bad thing as this was built for a specific group.

Lvivcenter
New Contributor III

It feels a bit odd that only a free account could give me the exact feature that I need so badly - no indexing, no follow by search engines. While having a licensed account I am not able to use such a feature.
And I can also see that there is continuing demand from the community for this. So, I don't really understand why it is not possible to implement it. 

0 Kudos