Expand images on side panel

Jump to solution
07-22-2020 02:04 PM
BostonGIS
New Contributor II

Is there a way to expand the images on the side panel next to the sidecar?  This was available in the classic map journal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Boston GIS -- Yes, this was added back in June. When you view a story, hovering over an image will show a magnifying glass. Clicking the image will expand it into a full-page viewer. There's nothing you need to do to enable this, it's automatically available for all published stories.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but if you select the settings cog of an image within a sidecar you can choose to have the image either "Fill (Crop)" or "Fit (Do Not Crop)".  

This doesn't seem to give you too much control in regards to expanding an image but perhaps it will help for your goals.  

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Boston GIS -- Yes, this was added back in June. When you view a story, hovering over an image will show a magnifying glass. Clicking the image will expand it into a full-page viewer. There's nothing you need to do to enable this, it's automatically available for all published stories.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JamesWoodMCP
New Contributor

Hello,
I have the opposite problem and am not readily finding a post about it: I'm in the sidecar using the floating panel option and do NOT want the user to have the ability to enlarge the background images. I do not see a setting to toggle that on or off, and it's only realized when you Preview the story.

0 Kudos