Embedding Story Maps in Adobe Portfolio

11-07-2021 05:10 PM
JordanGators93
New Contributor

Hello,

I build a CV in StoryMaps that I want to upload on Adobe Portfolio to a website I am trying to design to host my research projects, maps and other work. I clicked the "embed this story" on my Story Map and copied it into the embed media field on Adobe Portfolio but it gives me "This embed code is not valid." Has anyone ever dealt with this before and how did you correct the issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JordanGators93 -- I'm not familiar with that Adobe tool, but I did test the embed code you provided and it appears to work as expected in a plain web page (a screenshot of my CodePen test showing your embedded story is below).

Perhaps Adobe doesn't support some parameters that are included in the iframe code? You could try trimming it down just to the src attribute to see if that works? Otherwise maybe take a look at Adobe's documentation to see if there is any information there about what is/isn't supported?

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.04.08 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JordanGators93
New Contributor

Hey Owen,

Appreciate the response. I tried trimming down the embed code to the src line and that didn't work either. So I will have to find a way to contact Adobe I guess to see what is causing the issue. If I can't embed it I found a work around to link directly to the story maps page which is working nicely if not ideally what I wanted. I'll have to do some digging with Adobe and report back if I can find what's causing the issue incase this happens to someone else.

0 Kudos