Embed PDFs not working on StoryMaps

05-10-2021 06:02 AM
FiadhNiDhonnchadha
New Contributor II

Hi,

I used to use classic storymaps to embed pdfs into them and they worked fine. I've saved my PDFs on AGOL, I've shared them publicly to get a link. I'm trying to embed them onto the right hand panel but the link seems broken? This is all I see: 

FiadhNiDhonnchadha_0-1620651568023.png

When I click into it to make it large the URL is scrambled, referencing google drive in the beginning of the URL even though there is no mention of google drive in the URL I entered? I've tried this several times now and it's not working. 

This is the URL I'm trying to work with: https://jacobs.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/0627d609f98e42e59650ecd7ba062182/data 

@OwenR 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AmyWiwi
New Contributor II

PS:  PDF links have acted this way with Experiences for at least a year.  I have a note for the users to right click to download.  I actually thought it was the client's site.  It just started this in StoryMaps, however.  As a result, if changes are done, check hyperlinks in Experiences as well.  They do not allow download without a right click and open in new tab either.  Thanks!

0 Kudos