Does Esri StoryMaps team test map rendering using Safari?

Jump to solution
02-14-2020 06:15 AM
MiaMassicotte
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking through the ESRI StoryMap Team collection of Storymaps for 2019 put together by Hannah Wilber   -- Specifically looking at (Farm) Animal Planet:

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/9d81757581bb4be68ce8de1510bbf923/present?item=1

Using Safari 13.05 (Mac desktop, OSMohave 10.14)  the map in the Sidecar remains static.

It doesn't change while the text scrolls by (I think there are about 6 slides?)  I cleared Safari cookies and tried again.  Nada.

I opened Chrome to view the same StoryMap - there is no problem with Chrome -- the map densities change accordingly.

Is this is Known Issue with the ArcGis StoryMap Sidecar -- but only when using Safari?

Mia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Mia -- Thank you for reporting this issue.

This appears to be a problem only when the story is viewed in Safari as part of a collection (as it is in the link you shared above). There is no issue if you access the story directly using this link: (Farm) Animal Planet.

The maps in that sidecar section are static images, so this is not a problem with map rendering. There appears to be a difference in the way Safari loads and displays images in embedded stories.

We'll look into this more and plan to address it in our next release.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Mia -- Thank you for reporting this issue.

This appears to be a problem only when the story is viewed in Safari as part of a collection (as it is in the link you shared above). There is no issue if you access the story directly using this link: (Farm) Animal Planet.

The maps in that sidecar section are static images, so this is not a problem with map rendering. There appears to be a difference in the way Safari loads and displays images in embedded stories.

We'll look into this more and plan to address it in our next release.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
MiaMassicotte
Occasional Contributor

Ok, great, thanks.  

0 Kudos