Display popup as 'opened' in mapview

Jump to solution
08-29-2020 10:49 AM
KentMorse
New Contributor II

I find that I cannot set a map view on a particular slide to display a selected popup as 'open'.  In the previous story maps I could do this such that when you scrolled to the new slide the view would zoom to a portion of the map and display the selected popup.  The map action beta does not allow for selecting and opening a popup either.  Am I missing something or is there a work around to achieve this result?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kent -- This feature is not currently available, but we are working on it. You'll be able to set an open pop-up for maps, scenes, and map actions. We hope to make this available in the next month or two, so stay tuned for updates!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kent -- This feature is not currently available, but we are working on it. You'll be able to set an open pop-up for maps, scenes, and map actions. We hope to make this available in the next month or two, so stay tuned for updates!

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
KentMorse
New Contributor II

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
ZevMiklethun
New Contributor

Has there been any update on this? I am still not sure how to do this on the new story maps.

0 Kudos
ClareSeldon
New Contributor

Hello - it looks like I'm searching for the same information as above - I'm wanting to show one particular pop-up on a sidecar slide via the action button in the text. I have not used an app for these particular slides, just the standard Web Map. Has a solution been developed? or how do I create that?

0 Kudos
KathrynHailes
New Contributor III

Hi, just wondering if there has been any update on this?   This used to be possible in the old StoryMaps but since moving to the new StoryMap builder this functionality no longer seems to be available.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi @OwenGeo .  Its been over 3 years since "it will be available in the next month or two". 

How is this coming along?

Scott
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

While we were working on this back in 2020, we ran into some technical challenges that prevented us from developing the solution we wanted to provide, and when that happened this project was deprioritized and has not been added back into our plans.

The good news is that I believe the previous technical blockers have been removed and the project is back on the list of projects our team will be considering for inclusion in our 2024 plan. However, as you can see this idea only has 2 kudos, so I'm not sure if it will make it onto the plan.

For anyone interested in seeing this feature, please be sure to upvote it and add information about how this feature will improve the stories you want to tell. The more information we have, the better we can evaluate the value this feature will provide!

Owen Evans
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply Owen.  I'll create a workaround in the meantime.

Scott
0 Kudos