Custom Theme isn't honored in published Story Map

Jump to solution
10-25-2021 02:59 AM
pat_algura
New Contributor III

I created a custom theme for my Story Map, and it is applied and showing on my edit session. However, once it's published, the custom theme doesn't take effect. Not sure if there's any other settings that's required...

palgura_j_1-1635155937325.png

Thanks,

Patricia

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ahh! Thanks for mentioning this is on Enterprise. That is always very important information when trying to troubleshoot issues. 🙂

Looks like the bug you linked to is a duplicate of BUG-000142559: In ArcGIS Enterprise, custom designs are not applied, which was resolved in 10.9.1.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

12 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello! I'm sorry you're not seeing your theme applied as you expected. I just tested this workflow and am not able to reproduce the issue you've described.

Could you check the following things and let us know what you find?

• Are there unpublished changes present in your story? If there are, publish the story again and check to see if you still observe the issue.
  • Has the theme been unshared? If it has, share the StoryMap theme item with Everyone from your Content page in ArcGIS.
Owen Evans
0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

Hi @OwenGeo ,

I could confirm that there are no unpublished changes in my story and the theme is share with Everyone.
Is sharing the theme to Everyone a requirement for it to be used and viewable in the StoryMap?

Thanks,

Patricia

0 Kudos
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Hi Patricia,

I've the exact same issue. When I publish my story map with a published custom theme (shared with everyone), it reverts back to the default theme. If I go back to editing mode, the custom theme is still applied.

Have you found any solutions ? Thank you in advance.

Arnaud

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Arnaud_Leidgens @pat_algura -- Can you share links to your stories so we can take a look? If you're not able to, please contact Esri Support and they will be able to assist you. 

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Storymap 

The accentuation color is green in our custom template. We are using Entreprise 10.9. It seems to be an unsolved bug Link

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ahh! Thanks for mentioning this is on Enterprise. That is always very important information when trying to troubleshoot issues. 🙂

Looks like the bug you linked to is a duplicate of BUG-000142559: In ArcGIS Enterprise, custom designs are not applied, which was resolved in 10.9.1.

Owen Evans
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Thank your for your answer Owen ! Good to know.

I chose to replicate my storymap on Arcgis Online, instead of updating Entreprise to 10.9.1. It's working fine.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

It's not a requirement to share a theme publicly as long as the story is not shared with everyone. But if the story is shared with everyone and the theme is not, then the story will show with the standard/white/Summit theme for anyone who doesn't have access to the theme.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

My StoryMap and theme are shared the same way, so not sure as to why it still defaults to the standard theme. 

palgura_j_0-1635254913192.pngpalgura_j_1-1635254936635.png

Cheers,

Patricia

0 Kudos