Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a StoryMap that is not publicly accessable, but also does not require esri membership

Jump to solution
11-10-2022 06:08 AM
RobynPelling
New Contributor

Hi Esri Community,

I hope you're all good.

I am looking to create a StoryMap and use it as a blog for my travels later this year. However, I want to be able to share this with friends and family, and not with the entireity of the internet as it will contain personal information.

Am I able to share my StoryMap with a general password and login that I can share with my chosen audience, most of whom will have never heard of ArcGIS and will not want to sign up as part of an organisation or similar.

I guess what I am looking for is similar accessability to something like a wedding details website.

Thanks for your help.

Robyn 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello @RobynPelling,

Since you are looking to share this story with your friends and family, I would suggest that you use Esri's personal storytelling product StoryMaps.com.

StoryMaps.com is very similar to ArcGIS StoryMaps (which is for professional use), but each product has some features that are optimized for the intended users. You can find out more about the two products here: Storytelling Solutions for Professional or Personal Use (esri.com). (Please note there is currently a website issue causing the formatting of this page to look odd, but it should be fixed soon.)

StoryMaps.com does offer a feature to let you share a story privately with friends and family (anyone with the link can see it, but it's not registered with search engines so no one else will find it). You can learn more about the free basic and paid premium plans and sign up at StoryMaps.com.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello @RobynPelling,

Since you are looking to share this story with your friends and family, I would suggest that you use Esri's personal storytelling product StoryMaps.com.

StoryMaps.com is very similar to ArcGIS StoryMaps (which is for professional use), but each product has some features that are optimized for the intended users. You can find out more about the two products here: Storytelling Solutions for Professional or Personal Use (esri.com). (Please note there is currently a website issue causing the formatting of this page to look odd, but it should be fixed soon.)

StoryMaps.com does offer a feature to let you share a story privately with friends and family (anyone with the link can see it, but it's not registered with search engines so no one else will find it). You can learn more about the free basic and paid premium plans and sign up at StoryMaps.com.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RobynPelling
New Contributor

Ah I see - I didn't realise there were two separate parts. This is wonderful, thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos