Copy a Story Map

Jump to solution
09-18-2020 12:57 PM
RobinDiSalvo1
Occasional Contributor

I spent a lot of time creating a very detailed story map. I like the looks of it (template).  Can I copy it under a different name?

##storymap

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sure, you can create a copy as long as you are using ArcGIS StoryMaps. Just open the story in builder, go to the ... menu at the top, and select Duplicate story. 🙂

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sure, you can create a copy as long as you are using ArcGIS StoryMaps. Just open the story in builder, go to the ... menu at the top, and select Duplicate story. 🙂

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
TimJonker2
New Contributor

Hello Owen,

I was wondering, is there a known issue with duplicating StoryMaps at the moment?
My experience is:
1. It takes a long time to duplicate and a message is shown:

TimJonker2_1-1620202038333.png

2. There is a copy created in my Content, but it directs to the exact same story URL.

3. Sometimes this copy cannot be opened.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@TimJonker2 -- I'm sorry you are having an issue duplicating a story. We are not seeing any general issues with this feature, so it may be something specific to your story. Please contact Esri Support and they can look into this for you.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
TimJonker2
New Contributor
Thank you for your reply.
I have contacted support on this.
Unfortunately it doesn't happen with one specific story. It happens with other stories and with other users as well.
The data source URL is being copied, so in fact it is not a copy, it becomes a sort of synchronised version. I hope support can help me.
0 Kudos
RobinDiSalvo1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am using ArcGIS StoryMaps, but not sure where you mean in story builder.  There is no menu at the top to select Duplicate story.  Maybe I am not in the right area?  Here's a picture of what I am referring to.  Can you point me in the right direction please?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RobinDiSalvo1 - Looks like you are using one of our classic storytelling templates. They do not have an option to duplicate and are no longer under active development.

We'd recommend using the current generation of our tools, ArcGIS StoryMaps. It is modern and receiving updates and enhancements every month. You can learn more about making the switch in our article Moving to ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos