Change title and description of embeded content cards.

Jump to solution
07-28-2019 07:56 AM
JenniferAcunto1
New Contributor

When you embed websites or other web map apps in the new story maps it automatically displays it as a "card" on mobile. My issues is that the title the descriptions displayed in this card are generic at best or at worst problematic. Where is it getting this information and how can I change it? For example, I embeded a Story Map Swipe into a new story map and this is how the card appears:

Why can't I have it display the title and description/summary of my story map? That would look much better and not interrupt the flow. Even worse is one that just displays an inaccurate error:

For the record there is no JavaScript issue, the story map displays just fine when opened or embeded not as a card on desktop. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

In the August update to ArcGIS StoryMaps, we now look at the item details page of ArcGIS applications like Survey123 forms, Dashboards, Configurable apps (incl. the classic templates) and web appbuilder apps and display the app's title, description and thumbnail on the card. So, you can keep the integrity of your metadata 

The ability to update the title and description of the embed cards is in the roadmap and will be available very shortly. 

Thank you,

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

In the August update to ArcGIS StoryMaps, we now look at the item details page of ArcGIS applications like Survey123 forms, Dashboards, Configurable apps (incl. the classic templates) and web appbuilder apps and display the app's title, description and thumbnail on the card. So, you can keep the integrity of your metadata 

The ability to update the title and description of the embed cards is in the roadmap and will be available very shortly. 

Thank you,

Aravind

0 Kudos
JenniLang
New Contributor III

Has this happened yet? I'd really like this to be part of my new story map where I have embedded a Survey 123 app and a Dashboard that will be exposed to the public. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jenni Lang‌ -- Yep! This enhancement was released several months ago. The item details are now shown in the card when you add ArcGIS items. You can now also edit the card details to anything you like in the embed properties (you can find these by hovering over your card/embed and clicking the gear).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos