change font to company policy

01-09-2020 01:00 AM
BarendSneller
Esri Contributor

In the new storymap design I can choose the predefined fonts, but company policies require me to select the prescribed font (i.c. Arial). Perhaps more changes would be necesary to be made, so i would like to add the CSS files. Is this possible (perhaps with code attachments?)

Tags (3)
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- At this time there's no way to customize fonts outside of the provided themes, but we are looking into providing this option in a future release.

Could you please provide examples of the other changes you mentioned so we can understand how you might need to customize the style/appearance of a story and consider them in our plans?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

A good option is to get your company to change their company required fonts to include the common fonts such as Ariel.  A reason why certain fonts are used online is because they show up cleaner and as  native fonts can render faster.

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Owen Evans Any update on the use of custom fonts? Even being able to mix and match the existing fonts rather than a set pairing would be a great improvement. 

Is it possible to edit the source code using AGOL assistant to change the font? Ideally, we would like to be able to choose any of the free Google fonts like you can in ArcGIS Hub‌.

Thanks!

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Anneka! We realize more font options are important to you and other authors, and we are working on it. At this time, we don't have a release date set for this, but it is in our plan for 2020.

Owen Evans
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Owen, that's great news. Please can you include some dyslexia friendly fonts

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Anneka -- Yes, we are already looking at some dyslexia-friendly fonts and will be sure to consider that.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos