Can not publish storymap

Jump to solution
12-01-2021 10:57 PM
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

I get an error when publish a storymap. It says “Sorry there was a problem publishing your story” “Because of your account privileges, some sharing settings aren’t available. Contact your ArcGIS administrator for more information.”. Yesterday (1 dec) it works fine. I have also tested it with a simple cascade storymap and add a map. In the webmap one layer is added. What is wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

UPDATE: A fix has been deployed and publishing should now be working as expected again. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues.

We apologize for any impact this bug may have had on your work.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JonathanRoth1
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the same problem today. I can't publish changes to an existing storymap. I also tried creating a new storymap from scratch and can't publish it, either.

0 Kudos
Erika1
by
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. When I add a webmap to the storymap it gives an error while publishing. When I remove the webmap again it has no problem with publishing. Can this be fixed? I would like to be able to add the webmap.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Erika1 -- I am able to publish stories with web maps, so it may be something specific about the map you are adding.

Can you share a link to the web map or its itemID? Please make sure the web map is public.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AGP
by
Occasional Contributor

Same here. 

When will this be fixed? I need to have my stories updated this week.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We're looking into this high priority issue and will post an update here when we have more information. I apologize that this is affecting your experience at this time.

Owen Evans
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AGP @JosZwambach1 -- We're unable to reproduce the problem with the stories we are testing, so this might have something to do with a specific piece of content in your story.

Are the stories public? If so, can you please share links to the stories you are having trouble publishing so we can look into this?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

When I change the sharing of the service definition to Everyone (public), then I can publish the storymap. It had the deal with sharing level. Yesterday I got only a warning and could publish the storymap and now it is an error and I’m not able to publish the storymap.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

All -- We're able to reproduce the issue. We haven't fully isolated the cause yet, but we're continuing to look into this. It appears to be related to the issue checker that looks at the sharing level of maps and layers in the story.

A workaround is to make sure all maps and layers in the story are already shared to the level to which you are publishing the story. For example, if you are publishing the story to Everyone, go to your ArcGIS Content page and make sure all the maps and layers in the story are already shared with Everyone, then return to the story builder and try publishing again.

Please post here if you are successful using this workaround. Workaround verified (reference).

There is a related issue publishing a story that contains a map with premium or subscriber content, regardless of the sharing level. See more information about that here.

We're working on a fix for this issue and will share more information here when it's available.

I'm going to mark this message as the solution so it bumps it up to the top of the thread for visibility, but we're still working on a resolution to this issue.

Owen Evans