Can I make a backup/copy of an existing StoryMap?

Jump to solution
10-08-2019 10:17 AM
SereneOng1
New Contributor II

I'd like to be able to save backups or different versions of a StoryMap, and also be able to create templates from existing StoryMaps so that I don't have to start from scratch each time I create a StoryMap.  Is this possible?  

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Serene -- Those things are not currently possible with the new ArcGIS StoryMaps, but we're planning to support both the copying and template workflows in a future release.

The resources Micah pointed to can help you create a copy of a story created with one of our classic templates.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Serene,

There are a couple of threads on GeoNet:

How do you duplicate or copy a Map Journal? 

Make copy of web application 

Both the approaches flagged as correct seem promising. Hope this helps!

Micah

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Serene -- Those things are not currently possible with the new ArcGIS StoryMaps, but we're planning to support both the copying and template workflows in a future release.

The resources Micah pointed to can help you create a copy of a story created with one of our classic templates.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
SereneOng1
New Contributor II

Thanks Owen Evans and also, thanks for your answer, Micah Babinski‌.  I did see that copying was possible for the classic  Story Map templates, but could not see how to do it for the new StoryMaps.  Looking forward to this function being available in the future!  

JoshuaTanner1
New Contributor

Hey Micah Babinski‌ - Owen Evans‌ - Serene Ong‌,

If you haven't heard of Snapshots by CartoLab , it should do exactly what you're looking for.  You can see a demo of  how it works from a presentation at the recent Esri GeoDev meetup in Portland - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkx41mbJ1Y&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully this helps!

0 Kudos