ArcGIS Online StoryMap Data-Driven Map Tour

Jump to solution
06-18-2021 12:37 PM
JenniferMcRuer
New Contributor II

Hello! 

I am using the data-driven map tour to connect a feature layer (from Survey123). I have two questions

1. In data options, the maximum allowable points is 100. I need many more than this, and am hoping to find a work around to increase this number. 
  2. For entry fields under each point, the total is 4 (title, description, image, location). I am looking to display more fields taken from the survey123 entries. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you!

Jen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @JenniferMcRuer -- 

1. 100 places is the max you can show in a map tour, but you can possibly create and embed another ArcGIS configurable app or instant app that lets you show more points.

2. You could add another field to your feature service and use ARCADE to concatenate several fields together into a single field, then use that field as the "description." 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @JenniferMcRuer -- 

1. 100 places is the max you can show in a map tour, but you can possibly create and embed another ArcGIS configurable app or instant app that lets you show more points.

2. You could add another field to your feature service and use ARCADE to concatenate several fields together into a single field, then use that field as the "description." 

Owen Evans
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

Hi Owen,

Regarding #2, I would like to know if HTML formatting will be supported. I have fields that I would like to concatenate but am unable to create line breaks or add hyperlinks. This was supported using Shortlist template in the Classic StoryMaps. 

Thanks,

Ives

Ives
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@cnw_ivesleung -- We are looking into that. The web was a much different place when the classic templates were created, so there are additional security and compatibility concerns that we need to address before offering that capability.

Can you verify if this is your desired workflow: You have a feature service and you want to use Arcade to create a new field that contains several pieces of information from other fields including HTML markup to format the display of the tour place description in your map tour.

Regarding #1, @JenniferMcRuer -- data-driven map tours were enhanced last month so you can now show up to 200 places. For more info, see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (September 2021) (esri.com).

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
cnw_ivesleung
New Contributor III

Yes. Similar to formatting a list in ArcGIS Dashboards, it would be a great enhancement to display the place description of the map tour using HTML and Arcade. 

Thanks,

Ives

Ives
0 Kudos
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I am collecting all file types in survey123 Connect, and would like to share them in a storymap by integrating the feature layer.  I can see that using Map Tour >Guided> Media focused, I can display survey-submitted jpg files, but I would like to display .mov, .pdf, .docx. as well (as main feature).  Is there a way to do this in map tour or another Storymap app (including special layout apps?)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Above question answered on this thread: Story map app for ALL file type input - Esri Community

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @OwenGeo 

I have a similar scenario to @cnw_ivesleung , where I am concatenating data from several fields using arcade. But I really like to see support for HTML so I can format text, include links, etc. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos