Adding to a collection

09-07-2021 06:53 AM
AngeAlexGIS
New Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to add another story map to my exisiting Collection, but it is not visible when I search for it. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Angela

0 Kudos
6 Replies
oevans_storymaps
New Contributor

@AngeAlexGIS -- Is the story that you are trying to add published? Draft stories cannot be added to a collection. If the story is owned by someone outside your organization, you'll need to favorite it first, then you'll be able to add it to a collection. 

0 Kudos
AngeAlexGIS
New Contributor II

Hi @oevans_storymaps - yes, the story has been published and it is owned by our org. This has been an issue for some months now. I had to recreate one of my collections a few months ago to add another story map to it. I hope we can find a solution to this soon. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AngeAlexGIS -- Just to confirm, how are you searching for your story and who owns it? Are you able to see it when searching your organization on ArcGIS.com? After you click "Add to collection" can you make sure the "My Organization" tab is active and try searching by the story ID?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AngeAlexGIS
New Contributor II

@OwenGeo - Yes, I can see it in ArcGIS Online when searching in my org, but I cannot see it when I am trying to "Add to collection" searching for it in my "Org" tab or "My Content" tab. It's really strange. I also tried searching for it by ID but that didn't work. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AngeAlexGIS -- I'm not able to reproduce this with any of the stories in my accounts.

For further assistance, please contact Esri Technical Support and log an incident. Someone there will be able to help troubleshoot this issue further with you.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AngeAlexGIS
New Contributor II

@OwenGeo Ok thank you!

0 Kudos