Adding Images to a Story Map from Drive with URL

Jump to solution
11-23-2020 08:11 AM
JoshKing1
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

I am working on teaching my high school students how to create Story Maps using an example on ESRI's website (link).   The example provides the images in a zip file, which does not work great for Chromebooks (nevermind the limited hard drive space), so I put the images on my Google Drive and provided links.  At first the links were working when I used the method (link) shared by RaúlJiménez_Ortega, but when I reopened the Story Map, there were grey boxes where the images were supposed to be.  In addition, some of the students could not get the links to work from the links in the first place, while others could.  I have spent a significant amount of time researching this to find no good solution.  Many of the previous solutions were with Classic Story Maps, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it.  I also tried using Google Photos with no luck.  It would be great to use Google Drive, as this is the main source of storage for many students that will be building Story Maps at the high school level

Thank you for your time, 

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This post has been converted to this idea. Please comment on the idea thread if you are interested in registering support for this suggestion.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This post has been converted to this idea. Please comment on the idea thread if you are interested in registering support for this suggestion.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos