Adding a editable word document to a storymap page.

08-09-2022 08:13 AM
BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

I have a storymap that shows the current wildfire situation for our area. The emergency manager wants to have a page that shows the daily situation report. I would like to have a live feed a document that as soon as she edits it showing in the storymap. I am trying to avoid any copy and pasting or that type of thing i.e., making the workflow as simple as possibly. I am wondering if there is a method of webhooking a word document or some such thing or embedding a link via an iframe. Or, perhaps, there is a better method? Any ideas would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KrystinaHartwell1
New Contributor II

StoryMaps allow embedding for subscription accounts. Have you already tried adding embedded content to your StoryMap and are asking for another solution?

This might also help: ArcGIS Blog: Enrich your stories with embedded web content 

BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I played with using Google Docs but our IT dept. is saying google docs is unsecure and our office 365 accounts don't allow us to publicly share links to, say, a pdf or word document. So, I am looking for other possible options for public viewing of a daily situation report in a storymap that is easy for the person doing the report to display.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm not sure what type of information is shared in the situation report or how it's formatted, but I'd suggest taking a look at using an ArcGIS Dashboard or Experience Builder page. Those have a lot of flexibility and can be easily embedded into a StoryMap.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

I started playing around with Experience Builder and it is an option. My preference would to be able to embed a pdf or word document as that avoids the extra work of copying and pasting the information into the EB template. That may end up being what we do for now until a better solution presents itself. Some people use Google Docs and embed an iframe of the document. That works extremely well but again there is the potential security issues with that. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. 

0 Kudos