Text space on collection page

07-26-2021 07:34 PM
Labels (1)
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

I wish you would provide more text space on the collections page so that I could say a few words about me and my background .. something like the flyleaf on a book cover. It would add credibility to the material that will come in the stories.

6 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@CatherineCarter1 -- Thanks for sharing your idea here. We are looking at making some enhancements to the collection description later this year.

To help us decide what changes would be valuable to you, could you give us an idea of how much text you'd like to include for a collection?

CatherineCarter1

HI Owen ..

Thank you so much for considering my idea. If I was able, I would include something like this on the collections page for this new story. 

"Catherine Carter holds a Ph.D in Geographical Science, a Master of Divinity and a Master of Science in Computer Science. In addition to her academic credentials, she has been a photographer for nearly 60 years. She is a storyteller, focusing on stories about the landscape. In addition to photography, she works in video, audio and music. Her website is available at catherinecarter.media."

I hope this is what you had in mind. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

OwenGeo

@CatherineCarter1 -- Thanks! That's a helpful example for us to understand the approximate length/content of what you'd like to include.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: In Product Plan

OwenGeo

@CatherineCarter1 -- We are still planning to expand the description area, but I just wanted to let you know that you can now add a byline/author name to the collection overview page. 

For details see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (August 2021) (esri.com).

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Implemented

We just deployed an update to ArcGIS StoryMaps that contains the ability to add a longer description to the collection overview page. The description can also contain formatted text such as links, lists, and color.

For details, see What's New in ArcGIS StoryMaps (March 2023) (esri.com)