Story maps collections - navigate within the collection

12-03-2021 01:59 AM
AndyGarwood
New Contributor II

I am using collections in story maps to create a simpler version of our local development plan, I have several story maps in the collection that explains the review process for housing/employment sites and all lead to a story map and dashboard that reveals the conclusion of the process as proposed sites for development.

It would be great if I could link between different story maps in the collection, so when user reads the story map for housing at the bottom I can have a link to jump to the proposed sites story map, and the section of that story - so "click here to see the proposals" - collection moves to that story map and the relevant section of that story map

I have tried to use hyperlinks but this opens the collection in a new tab to show the correct story map, it would really work well if it could move between the story maps in the collection within the same tab

4 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Under Consideration

OwenGeo

There are some technical challenges with detecting and manipulating embedded stories within a collection, but we recognize the value this would provide. We'll look into this during our 2022 planning.

ShaneBradt

@AndyGarwood  - this is exactly what I want to do as well! I would love to create a link that would take a viewer from one ArcGIS StoryMap in a collection to a specific header in another ArcGIS StoryMap in that same collection (but keep them still within the collection).

@OwenGeo - do you have any updates you can share on this topic?

Thanks!
Shane

ShaneBradt

I still think this is a good idea and have some specific, tangible use cases (which I would be happy to describe, if/when it would be helpful).

Fingers crosses that this comes to pass at some point!

Cheers,
Shane