Story Map Tours different color pins

03-09-2021 03:19 PM
SarahLevy1
New Contributor II

I'm making a Story Map tour (explorer) with a number of different "themed" stories. Is there any way to have different color pins? I'm not a coder, so simpler solutions are better for me, if possible!

23 Comments
AGP
by

I'm with@AaronKoelker. I would also like the option to change icons for the Map Tours.

JayHodny

Yes, I would like the option to set different colors on the pins for the Map Tour (Explorer option) in the new Story Map application.  I developed a Story Map about the various apartment, commercial, etc. development going on around town (Development Plan Proposals (arcgis.com)).  Our Planning Department would like to see the pins colored as the status of the project: new/proposed, council approved, under construction, finished, delayed, or similar.  Each step in the the development's progress would have a corresponding color.  The status could be a field in the feature service.  Thank you.

LiviaBetancourtMazur

Yes, I'd like also like ability to color code pins (similar to the classic Story Maps and Unique Values symbology in other ArcGIS products). I am recreating a classic Story Map tour where we had the tour points in different colors (based on different categories), and now I am not sure I can convince my "customer" to upgrade to the newer Story Maps if I can't color code the tour points. Thanks!

AntonioCalle

We are also interested in this option to differentiate/classify information behind a point. any news on if and when this option is going to be implemented?

JayHodny

Further to my comment back in May, adding a legend that is tied to the pin colors/attribute would be needed as well.  I am hoping this happens!  Thank you.

LaurenLederle

@OwenGeo I'm curious if there are any updates to adding this feature? Many of us would like to have different colored pins in the same map tour instead of different tours in the same story. Thanks!

SheaWilliams

I found this page as I was also seeking this feature for a map to distinguish between current/in development projects. Looks like there was potential for these changes. Will be following here for an update hopefully. Thanks! @OwenGeo 

GenevieveW

I'd like to see the different pin color feature added as well. I'm making a school project and am trying to compare the locations visited on two separate occasions.

AllisonTalsma

I would also like to see different pin colors. Specifically I want a color pin for design projects and a different color pin for construction projects. @OwenGeo 

NikishaM

has there been any updates regarding adding this feature where you can have multiple colored points in one story map tour?  It is an option in the Classic ESRI Story maps, but I am trying to re-create a  development progress map in the latest version of story maps.