QR Code for Each Polygon/Feature record

10-16-2020 12:51 PM
TikaAdhikari
Occasional Contributor

I would like the ESRI to enhance the capacity from map to polygon view available when you scan the QR code from mobile device. 

4 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

OwenGeo

Hello @TikaAdhikari -- Can you please clarify? I'm not sure how your idea related to ArcGIS StoryMaps. Please provide more detail so we can evaluate your idea.

TikaAdhikari

If you scan QR code of each record which is a story of your project, place, whatever you represent in a story map, will display for the public of interest(shared to everyone in terms of story map) or stakeholders of interest (which is shared to particular individual), and they don't need to see all of records/story that you or somebody make in your story map.  People or stakeholders might not see all the story that you create in a story map. A record represents a story which is only related to particular place, event, or project. Please let me know if you want to discuss anything more. 

AgnesBerner

@OwenGeo@TikaAdhikari- I came across this thread because I'm looking into the same thing. I was wondering if there is a way to use QR codes to link to a specific point on a map - specifically, I'm looking into using StoryMaps as the template for a tree-focused nature trail at my university. I suppose the main issue is that sections of StoryMaps don't have individual urls and so there is currently no way to link it to anything other than the general StoryMap url. Might be worth looking into though, as I'm sure there would be many applications for linking a specific location with a section of a storymap.