Navigation Controls - Forward/Backward Paging

04-26-2021 06:31 PM
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

When presenting I try to avoid PowerPoint like the plague, especially as I'm usually wanting to show map information along with surprising people that the presentation has been made using "map technology".

One thing that does let Story Maps down a little is the ability to page through headers etc. as you would in PowerPoint.

Would be great if we had the ability to set a header/subheader as a page then, as a presenter, have the ability to click to progress. I realise we have navigation via headers at the top of a page, but when presenting it's not the same experience for telling a story. (I'm thinking of the page group that's available in Survey123 that would work)

Tags (2)
1 Comment
OwenGeo

@JonathanMcDougall -- Back in December 2020 ArcGIS StoryMaps added a slide browser for docked sidecar blocks. I'm not sure if this fully meets your needs, but it may be helpful based on what you've asked for.

Please check out this article for more details and a video of the slide navigation in action: What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (December 2020) (esri.com).