Zonal Statistics not Retuning same number of features in ArcMAP10.8.2

04-04-2022 09:52 AM
z_joaquin
New Contributor

I have a Wind Erodibility Index (WEI) raster file that was given to me. I have a point shapefile whose population field was turned to square miles and then calculated a radius distance based on population. This unique radius for each point was used to create a buffer based on this field.  My goal is to calculate zonal statistics using this new polygon shapefile (locations_footprint) with the WEI raster file (wei_clip). The raster file that was originally given to me was a raster file of the entire US, but I was getting 10 fewer features (171 total in the locations_footprint). I read online (link below) on ways to address this issue and one suggestion was to geoprocess in chunks, so I clipped the raster file (wei_clip) and ran zonal stats. This resulted in even fewer features (67 fewer!). I have been working on this for some time. Please help with any advice or suggestions. Much gratitude!

I've tried every tip from this page. 

https://gisgeography.com/esri-arcgis-999999-error/

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your shapefile is in WGS84, I would project it to Albers Conic, the same as your wei raster.  Did you create geodesic buffers or are they possibly incorrect?

It seems likely that you have a geometry issue so try check/repair geometry tools an your shapefile.  I'd also export this to a feature class which would be more robust.

FGDBR isn't a filetype I have much faith in.  Just export the original clip as a .tif, also ensure you have the correct snap raster environment setting as the original, otherwise you will resample good data.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello:

please review the section titled 'how cells in a value raster are identified for a feature zone' in this topic. It is tough to tell from your screenshots but your feature zones look small relative to your raster cell size and some zones may be dropping out during rasterization.

Jim TenBrink

spatial analyst team.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

also, could you please send me a (suitably anonymized) sample of your data that reproduces this problem? I'd like to verify that nothing else is going wrong. You can send it to me via private message if you don't want to post it to this thread.

regards,

-jt

0 Kudos