Snap Pour Point tool: Why is it hanging at 100%?

01-17-2020 10:56 AM
JAMIESOMMA
New Contributor III

When I'm running Snap Pour Points tool for a set of 15 points on a flow accumulation raster, it's hanging after getting to 100% on the progress bar for the "Snapping pour points..." step.  All 15 points were generated from certain portions of the stream line generated from the sane flow accumulation. I'm needing to do this because though 13 points are well located, 2 of them are just off the stream accumulation raster cells, so I'm needing to snap them over a bit to get proper watershed analysis. The Snap Pour Point tool is consistently hanging whether running with 15 points or 1 point. I'm using a Snap Distance of essentially the width of 2 - 10m raster pixels (20 meters or 62 feet). 

After cancelling the hung process from the status window, an unhandled crash exception occurs and I used that tool to  send the crash dump data and referenced this discussion thread title for context.  The Errors that I see presented in the status window before it crashes are as follows:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The table was not found. [VAT_KeyPointsSnapRaster]
A column was specified that does not exist.
A column was specified that does not exist.
The table was not found. [VAT_KeyPointsSnapRaster]
ERROR 010017: Operation has been cancelled.
ERROR 010296: Error in writing raster C:\Users\jamie\Documents\Education\GIS\501-Capstone Project\Scratch.gdb\KeyPointsSnapRaster.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
ERROR 010017: Operation has been cancelled.
Failed to execute (Snap Pour Point).
Failed at Fri Jan 17 12:08:57 2020 (Elapsed Time: 4 minutes 5 seconds)

snappourpoint‌ hydrology‌ watershed‌

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JAMIESOMMA
New Contributor III

Original post was under ArcMap v10.6.1.  I've upgraded to 10.7.1 but still seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JAMIE SOMMA,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Snap Pour Point tool. Could you please share the datasets that are causing this issue and I can investigate further.

For Snap Pour Point tool please provide,
1) Input pour point (Raster or feature)

2) Input accumulation raster (Raster)

3) Snap distance

4) Pour point field

Additionally, are you using any environment settings? If so, could you mention what these are.

Best Regards,
Neeraj Rajasekar | Spatial Analyst Product Engineer

0 Kudos
RichardStarkey
New Contributor

Hello,

I've run into this problem as well. The solution that worked for me was to make sure the point dataset and the raster image are projected to the same coordinate system. 

Hope this helps someone going forward,

Richard Starkey

0 Kudos