Question about two rasters and how to get values off one and onto another

Jump to solution
10-03-2019 09:10 AM
GrantPalmer
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Background information on my project: I calculated a slope raster from a DEM mosaic. I also have a cross section polyline that has segments with different attributes (i.e. Channel, Marsh, Tidal Channel, etc) and I want to be able to see what the slope is at these different geomorphic features to then see how these slopes change as we go upstream. Anyways, I have converted the polyline to a raster to get it to the same dataset type as my slope raster. My next step logically is to want to 'lift' the values from my slope raster and get them on my cross section line raster cells so the cross section line then has a feature type value and a slope value.

I have also thought about maybe turning the slope raster into a polygon and maybe running an intersect with the poly line to then get a value associated with the features that way, but when I use the raster to polygon tool, my slope raster isnt available in the drop down list. 

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

gmpalmer_geo92

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

The RasterToPolygon tool's input must be integer. You could multiply the slope raster, by say 1000, and convert it to integer. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

The RasterToPolygon tool's input must be integer. You could multiply the slope raster, by say 1000, and convert it to integer. 

GrantPalmer
New Contributor II

Thanks, that was it. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another approach is to run Zonal Statistics As Table, using your polylines as zones and your slope raster as the value raster. If you do this be sure and set the environments to rasterize at the cell size of the slope raster (or smaller, if any of your polyline segments are less than the slope raster cell size).

0 Kudos