Issue with merging rasters into one raster dataset

07-13-2016 08:22 AM
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Coming across an issue with merging a raster dataset together.

Tried in 10.1 and 10.3

Please see attached. This does not occur with my other datasets including a previous dataset from the same source.

They are 8bit TIFF images that display correctly if seperate raster datasets, when i mosaic, this is the result:

mosaic.jpg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you merge or mosaic Mosaic—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

and if the latter what color mapping method did you use

0 Kudos
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I am using the Mosaic management python (i have tried in the UI also). I have NONE selected as the system says it cannot colormatch with a colormap in place? This is set to none for all the other raster mosaic i have.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Color maps have a default... None isn't an option, if you mean you used the default, it would have defaualted to the first, which means if you used a different order in the mosaic sequence, you would get different results.  Obviously if the color maps are hugely different, then nothing is going to matter. if they are similar, pick something other than the defaults.

• FIRST —The color map from the first raster dataset in the list will be applied to the output raster mosaic. This is the default.
  • LAST —The color map from the last raster dataset in the list will be applied to the output raster mosaic.
  • MATCH —Will take all the color maps into consideration when mosaicking. If all possible values are already used (for the bit depth), it will attempt to match the value with the closest color that is available.
  • REJECT —Only the raster datasets that do not have a color map associated with them will be mosaicked.
0 Kudos
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor

Ahh sorry different setting i was not on the machine:

Currently i have it set to

Mosaic Operator:

Last

Mosaic Colormap Mode:

First

Any suggestions to set to?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't have the images, not their metadata, it will quickly reveal itself should a particular combination work with the suggestions from the help file... but First is ruled out, which means match might be a good extreme, unless your color maps are real different.

0 Kudos
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan

Appreciate your help.

I will update on progress.

Regards

0 Kudos