I ran map algebra (received no errors) and the raster will not project on map! I get a resultant raster, but nothing on the map

09-29-2016 08:10 PM
BrianGordon
New Contributor

I have 10 raster layers and I using them for a site selection model. I created an expression in map algebra and hit ok (no errors received) a resultant raster was created, but will not project on a map

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

File, map document properties... is Add results to display toggled on? what about results are temporary by default?

Did you save the result to disk and try to load it manually?

BrianGordon
New Contributor

Dan,

It looks like one of rasters only had 100 or cells and when included in the map algebra equation the results some how do not show up on the map. The other 9 raster layers when included in the map algebra equation produce a resultant master I can see on a map. Id like all cells to show up even if no data. Not sure how to do that. Do you?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what symbology is used? and have you just tried to assign a color to nodata.

And if seeing it is important you can always use IsNull to produce a boolean map showing the areas that are nodata, logically reversing the map 

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I'd like all cells to show up even if no data. 

You can convert NoData to a value (in this example, 99) using Con and IsNull in the Raster Calculator:'

Con(IsNull("result_raster"), 99, "result_raster")‍‍