I have cell size (x, y)=(2.5, 2) spatial resolution of a raster file. When i use extract by mask function in arcgis then the resolution changes?

10-26-2021 11:09 PM
ShafqatAli
New Contributor

I want to know why extact by mask function changes or makes the x and y components same by default. I have used the function for different products raster files. Every time the extract by mask function makes the resolution same from different (x, y) resolution. In the end i want to maintain the original rectangular pixel after clipping.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
ShafqatAli
New Contributor

Yes, i have seen this blog, but i am double mind about the solution. Please tell me the solution that my original resolution or placement of pixels on the map does not change.

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

More info is required however I assume you are using a polygon mask to "cookie cut" the input raster?

As noted Spatial Analyst tools and functions internally resample data to square cells.  

If this is more for display purposes and not part of a larger analysis workflow that uses Spatial Analyst tools you can use the Clip Raster (Data Management) tool and specify the Use Input Features for Clipping Geometry optional parameter .

Help topic: Clip Raster (Data Management)