Hot Spot Analysis Zero Variance Error

08-25-2014 09:53 AM
AlexTurner
New Contributor III

I am running Optimized Hot Spot Analysis on data that shows a percent change between two years. I have multiple fields that I am running it on. However one of my fields keeps returning "ERROR 000906: Zero Variance: All of the values for your input are likely the same." However, the values in this field are not all the same, they range from -1 to 75, although 75 is an outlier and most of data is from -1 to 1. I thought maybe the negative and positive values were canceling each other out so I added 1 to each value so they were all positive but it still returned same result. Any idea why this is happening and is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenScott
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Sorry you are having problems with the tool!  What version of the software are you using?  (ArcGIS 10.2 or ?).  You should not see that error unless you truly have all the same values so that's odd.  Is there anyway that you can send me your data so that I can try to reproduce the problem (you can remove all fields except the one that is giving problems)? If so, please email me directly at LScott@esri.com.

Again, sorry this isn't working for you!

Lauren