Getting a 99999 error using Zonal Stats, help troubleshoot?

Jump to solution
01-04-2016 09:34 AM
RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

I'm having problems using the zonal statistics tool under spatial analyst, my attempts have all led to errors.

I have 1800 points with 500m buffers and 50m buffers. I have raster files for elevation(DEM) and the derived slope, aspect, TPI, and VRM curvature. My end goal is to have average values for each of the before mentioned attributes for both of the buffer sizes, for each point. I'm not sure exactly what format the output is, but I will be running statistical analysis, so I will need some sort of table eventually.

Just running the tool using the buffer file as the feature zone data and the DEM as the input value raster gives me a 99999 error, I've made sure things like spaces and beginning numbers are not causing the problems. I've also tried doing individual buffers and small clusters to make sure that overlapping buffers aren't causing problems, but I'm getting the same results.

Sorry this isn't a whole lot to go off of, but I'm new to this tool and I haven't been able to find anything useful in my hours of searching online. Any ideas for things I can try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

Thanks all for your answers. I converted everything from GRID to TIFF (I'm running 10.3 so it looks like that shouldn't have been it, but I tried it anyway) and I tried saving it into a geodatabase and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Are you saving output to a geodatabase? When I receive this error, saving

to a geodatabase sometimes resolves the error.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if you have checked flakey path names, then check that the ouput filename is short if the output is an esri grid.  less than 10 chars (or is it 13?... whatever)

DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

This is a common enough issue that there is a Knowledge Base Article devoted to it, here. Basically, try saving as TIFF as an alternative to meeting ESRI GRID requirements, or upgrade to 10.2.1+ to overcome feature count limitations, although 1800 features should be manageable.

RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

Thanks all for your answers. I converted everything from GRID to TIFF (I'm running 10.3 so it looks like that shouldn't have been it, but I tried it anyway) and I tried saving it into a geodatabase and it worked.

0 Kudos