Error 000906 in Model Builder

07-05-2020 08:11 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone.

I use Grouping analysis to create 4 groups from my data.

After that, i use Model Builder to explain that.

However one of my fields keeps returning "ERROR 000906: Zero Variance: All of the values for your input are likely the same." like the picutre.

Any idea why this is happening and is there a way to fix it? Thanks everyone for taking the time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would add a model step to copy feature on your selection so you can see exactly what the input to the second tool looks like. It looks like you're not getting the data you want selected on the first ModelBuilder‌ iteration.

LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

Hi Chinh Dang‌,

You can click the hyperlink for the error to read more information. This error likely means one of your Dependent or Explanatory variables are all the same value. Is this the case?

Regards,

Lynne

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lynne Buie and thanks for your answer.

I use the Select Feature by Attribute by each group. 
After that I use Exploratory Regression for each group.
I have 4 groups.
Group 2 or 3 has many features.
Group 1 or 4 has 1 feature with the value in 12 years.
When I select the feature in group 2 and 3, Exploratory Regression works fine.
But when I select the feature in group 1 and 4, Exploratory Regression doesn't work and it gives the error 000906.
This is my video of what I did.
I research contagion corruption.
So, I am trying to find the correlations between the dependent variable and other independent variables.
From that, I want to find what is the main factor affecting the contagion corruption.
Can you help me fix the error 000906, please.
If you are, can you give me your contact information? 
I want to ask you more about the spatio-temporal model.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

The Exploratory Regression tool will not be able to compute a result with a single feature. You can't model the relationship between the variables with only a single data point. If possible, you might want to adjust the parameters of your Grouping Analysis so your groups have a more reasonable number of features. You can read more about regression at this ArcMap documentation page.

I am the author of the video you linked. Much of the workflow in that demo is covered in this Learn lesson. If you have questions I would urge you to post them in this GeoNet forum so other users can learn and help answer your questions. But if you still have questions for me, you can message me in GeoNet and I will provide you my email address.