Distance Accumulation and Path Distance crash with horizontal factor table in ArcGIS Pro 2.7

Jump to solution
01-01-2021 05:15 AM
wesape
by
New Contributor II

Hi! I'm getting a crash without an error message on Distance Accumulation tool on ArcGIS Pro 2.7 when using a horizontal factor table. Without HF or with the predifined HFs the tool works correctly. Same goes for the legacy Path Distance tool. The exact same files work ok on ArcMap 10.8's Path distance.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Here are some test files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15kgttxe9980war/AAD407QsEHPGlTvZksNpfx9Ca?dl=0

Capture1.PNG

Thanks,

Wesa 🙂

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wesa

i can reproduce this. This was introduced in 2.7. Unfortunately, i don' think there is a workaround. We have a fix for this in 2.8 and will either get it into the next general patch release for 2.7 or ship a spatial analyst specific patch for 2.7 that contains a fix for this.

Regards,

-James TenBrink

spatial analyst team

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

this will be addressed in the upcoming 2.7.1 patch for arcgis pro

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Complete shot in the dark but maybe try 1 and 10 as float - as in 1.0, 10.0

wesape
by
New Contributor II

Thank you both for your suggestions! Sadly adding .0s to the integers didn't work, still get the same crash immediately after running the tool. Did you get it to work on your computer? Could it be some Windows language/regional setting thing?

wesape
by
New Contributor II

Hmm, doesn't seem to be the regional settings either, tried US and UK to no avail...

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sadly I have to be the annoying person that says 'it works for me'.  Pro 2.5...

No idea what I'm looking at, just threw the inputs in.

AOutbacklink.png

AOutCostAccum.png

wesape
by
New Contributor II

Thanks! The results look correct. Works for me as well if I go back to 2.5.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

An overview of horizontal factor classes—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Read the help topic for you class of use... they are "double"

Show your type  HFBinary and HfLinear have numeric types of "double" as inputs

... sort of retired...
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That leaves your file paths.  You have an assumed workspace.. It might contain a space in it.

It is best to specify a *.tif file in a folder for you source and destination rasters.  If you must use a gdb, make that the path length and name are short and sweet because characters that can't be translated properly, punctuation and/or spaces can bring down a lot of geoprocessing tools

... sort of retired...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wesa

i can reproduce this. This was introduced in 2.7. Unfortunately, i don' think there is a workaround. We have a fix for this in 2.8 and will either get it into the next general patch release for 2.7 or ship a spatial analyst specific patch for 2.7 that contains a fix for this.

Regards,

-James TenBrink

spatial analyst team

wesape
by
New Contributor II

Thanks! Any timeline estimates on those updates/patches? And is 2.6 available for download somewhere? I only see 2.7 for the English version on ArcGIS Online.

Kind regards,

Wesa 🙂