Delineation of bridges and culverts Watersheds (advanced problems)

07-06-2012 09:04 AM
FernandoVasconcellos
New Contributor III
Hi all!

After a long pathway, I obtained the synthetic drainage lines of my study area, quite well defined (ArcMap tools were not enough for this, I had do install and use ArcHydro). I intersected them with a roads layer and found about 3,000 consistently defined drainage points. I also have the catchments and the adjoint catchment well defined at the drainage lines joints. But I need to delineate the watersheds for each culvert or bridge. When I try to use "Delineate from multiple I and O" (ArcHydro 2.1) the ArcMap (10.0) simply stops responding. I think the "Batch watershed delineation" (ArcHydro function) would be a better way to do what I need, but I can't find a way to automatically generate the 3,000 batch points I have (actually I'm working in a small mask, with 150 pilot points). Even when I use the tool/button "Batch point generation" (ArcHydro) to manually define just 1 of the 150 points I have, the "batchdone" field gets a "-1", what means that the delineation has failed (with no explanation why that or any clue in the ArcHydro help to solve the problem). I also went back to the Sapatial Analyst tools and tryed "watershed", after using "snap pour point" in order to get better results. It didn't work, the output layers are empty or delineate one single waterhsed (adjoint catchment). DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DELINEATE THE WATERSHEDS TO PREDETERMINED POINTS (THOUSANDS OF THEM)? I'd appreciate any help at all!!!
0 Kudos
0 Replies