Creating Link File for the Warp From File Tool

Jump to solution
08-04-2017 01:49 PM
AkhilChopra
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to use the "Warp From File" tool under Data Management Tools>Projections and Transformations>Raster. It asks for a link file for the control points. I created a tab delimited text file using excel; plotting X coordinates in Column A and Y Coordinates in Column B with a row missing to separate the Source Coordinates and the Target Coordinates (Image).

This didn't work.

Is there any reference on how the link file should be created? All I know is that the format is a .txt file. Is it best to use comma, space, tab delimited text? Do I need to add Source and Target header information? There is nothing on this subject. I know it looks like the X and Y coordinates are reversed in the source coordinates, but this is correct. 

Thank you to anyone who replies!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to add control points by using the Georeferencing toolbar. Once the control points are added (with their correct XY/Lat.Lon), > View Link Table > Save it s a text file.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to add control points by using the Georeferencing toolbar. Once the control points are added (with their correct XY/Lat.Lon), > View Link Table > Save it s a text file.

Think Location
AkhilChopra
New Contributor

Thank you Jayanta! Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos