Select to view content in your preferred language

What is the best practice for creating a multi role Locator with the new Address Management Solution?

12-10-2021 12:13 PM
JasonClemis
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to create a Multi Role Locator that I can publish to a Geocoding Service using the new Address Management Solution schema. I want to use the new pro multi role locator for this not the older composite locators. I would like it Locate Addresses 3 different ways. 

1. Address using local city 

2. Address using postal city and zipcode

3 Address using road centerline address ranges and local city

I have been having luck with 1 and 3 but cannot figure out how to incorporate the postal city and zipcode with the Postal Address Table. Can anyone help that may have had experience with this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What fields do you plan on using for the postal city and zipcode portion?

JasonClemis
Emerging Contributor

PSTLCITY - Postal City and PSTLZIP5 - The five digit postal code from the Postal Addresses Table. These fields do not exist in the SiteAddressPoint feature class. I figure I would need to join these together before creating the locator since there are no useable roles for optional parameters that will work with the Site Address Point Layer.

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran
Frequent Contributor

If you have multiple data layers of the same type that can be associated with the same role, combine the data layers by either merging or appending the data into a single layer and use the single layer as the reference data layer for the multirole locator.