Recently installed ArcGIS Solutions App installed on Enterprise 10.9.1, Apps Fail to Deploy

Jump to solution
11-29-2022 01:07 PM
Andre
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

Recently installed the ArcGIS Solutions App on an instance of Enterprise 10.9.1.  No issues with the installation, as far as I can tell.  The application appears in the App Drawer.  The Soultions Deployment App loads properly into the home page and gallery.  When deploying a solution we receive a error "Citizen Problem Reporter failed to deploy   retry".  See image below.  

What are some suggested troubleshooting steps.  Thanks!AndreUlloa_0-1669755303079.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@Andre, in my experience this most often fails because there is an issue with the Enterprise configuration causing the creation of hosted feature service to fail. One easy way to test this is from your Content in the portal site:

1. Click New Item
  2. Click Feature layer
  3. Select the AEDs template and click Create
  4. Click Next, Next
  5. Enter a Title and click Done

If this fails then there is a problem creating hosted feature services and this is the reason why the solution is failing to deploy. If this is the case I would recommend working with support to resolve this issue and once you are able to create hosted feature services the solution should successfully deploy.

Another test would be to deploy a solution like '3D Basemaps' which doesn't create hosted feature services.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

@Andre , does clicking retry do anything or does the deployment still fail?

If it continues to fail I'd suggest trying another solution just to see if deployment works. If that does work, check your content and groups to see if items created for Citizen Problem Reporter such feature services or folders exist. If they do, you should be able to delete them and try deploying again. 

If there is no content and the failures continue across multiple solutions, I'd suggest logging a support ticket so we can look into this a bit more closely. 

Andy Shoemaker
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

I would also recommend opening your web browser's developers tools, go to the Network tab, and then try deploying the solution. You might get more details on how and where the deployment is failing. That has helped me troubleshoot ArcGIS Enterprise issues in the past.

I think in most web browsers the developer tools can be opened using F12 on the keyboard.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@Andre, in my experience this most often fails because there is an issue with the Enterprise configuration causing the creation of hosted feature service to fail. One easy way to test this is from your Content in the portal site:

1. Click New Item
  2. Click Feature layer
  3. Select the AEDs template and click Create
  4. Click Next, Next
  5. Enter a Title and click Done

If this fails then there is a problem creating hosted feature services and this is the reason why the solution is failing to deploy. If this is the case I would recommend working with support to resolve this issue and once you are able to create hosted feature services the solution should successfully deploy.

Another test would be to deploy a solution like '3D Basemaps' which doesn't create hosted feature services.

Andre
by
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 
I appreciate all the suggestions.  @AndyShoemaker there were folders for the Citizen Reporter Tool, several actually.  After deleting them all and trying to deploy again, the process refused to create any folders.   

@Joshua-Young Thanks for that tip.  I had checked the console and the deployment tool seemed to fail while accessing (or running) a js script located on the server in the deployment solution app directory.  

@ChrisFox  your comments  are sensible.  I actually deployed the development impact analysis solutions without fail and it completed without providing any errors. As you suggest it is a 3d Deployment.  So no feature layers are written.  Continuing with your suggestion I went to create a new feature layer on the Portal but, mysteriously, the option does not exist. For context I should have noted that this is a development environment.  On the development version of the Portal I can only create "URL", "Application" and "Data store" to my content.  In contrast on our production environment I have the options of "URL", "Application", "Data store", "Feature layer", and "Tile layer".  

Likely the development portal is misconfigured.  I really appreciate all the help.  You all helped but I hope no one minds if I tag @ChrisFox .  

0 Kudos
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Andre 

I have a same issue, I'm wondering what you did to solve this problem.

0 Kudos